United Action for Children • Cameroon
Our Vision: A society where children living in marginalized communities have access to quality education and skills to take control of their own lives and become responsible citizens. Our Mission: To develop a caring and sustaining environment for children and young people through innovative programs. Purpose: UAC exists to bring about significant and long term change in the lives of orphans and vulnerable children.
United Action for Children (UAC) is a community based Non-Governmental Organisation based in Buea, South West Region, Cameroon.
UAC is a non-profit, philanthropic, and non-political organization. It commits itself to the development of a caring and sustaining society for children and young people. The organisation was created in 1996 in response to concerns about children’s education and development in the South West Region and Cameroon in general.With the help of local staff and international volunteers, UAC has grown substantially over the past few years. UAC currently runs many successful programs that have great impact on Buea and Mamfe’s children and the surrounding communities.UAC’s primary goal is to develop an enabling environment for the effective growth and development of children and young people through innovative programs
The Organization’s growth and activities are shaped by the following objectives:
- To offer a secured and stable environment for children and youths.
- To enable/motivate parents and teachers take an active role in child development.
- To help rectify problems existing in the local educational system.
- To address the issue of school dropout and failure.
- Contribute to the eradication of poverty through quality and functional education.
- To introduce an alternative approach to education in Cameroon.
- To offer quality and affordable nursery and primary education to orphans and vulnerable children.
- .To prevent rural exodus by building a strong community.
- Use Sports to mobilise children and young people channel their energy towards productive initiatives.